A lot of people believe that us young people only get tattoos to be rebellious and make our parents angry. Although this could be true for most people, this is not the reason I got mine.
I have always thought it would be fun to have one, probably because of my love for art and design. I didn't want to get anything that was tacky or gigantic, just something that represented me and what I love.
I have been friends with Seth for about 5 years now, and I always knew we would be getting along. We are always thinking the same things and finishing each others sentences. We always talked about getting matching tattoos together, not in a corny way but we both wanted one and we wanted something to always remember each other by. Two summers ago we finally did it. We went to a random shop in my hometown and spent fifty bucks each on a small black outlined stars on the top of our left foot. Seth cried like a baby and I had to try to distract him with magazines.
Sometimes I forget about my tattoo and I will randomly look at it and remember the craziness that came out of it. The reaction on my mom's face, the repeating bee sting of the needle, and how powerful I felt afterward. I know they say that a lot of people will eventually remove their tattoos, but I don' think I ever will. Even though it doesn't have a specific meaning, it means a lot to me and it makes me different.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.