Wednesday, October 7, 2009
Aboriginal Art
Aboriginal art comes from the early Australians. The early forms of this art date back to European colonization, as well as contemporary art by Aboriginal Australians based on there traditional culture. Art is one of the key rituals of the early Aboriginals, their works of art can be found on leaves, wood carving, rock carving, sculpture, and body decoration. Most of the Aboriginal work I have looked at tells a story about some kind of ceremony or religious ritual. The reason I say that is because the piece of art work I looked at from the book, tells a story about a ceremony and the rituals that take place during it. On this rock engraving it shows step by step, the events that took place that lead up to this Aboriginal ceremony. This piece of art is an expression of knowledge and shows how the early Australians went about there ceremonies events.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.