Thursday, October 22, 2009

Blu and Ellis

Blu and David Ellis are two artists that transformed an abandoned city building into a art studio. They taught me that art does not necessarily need to be still. Blu and Ellis create a piece that involves many colors and pictures. They start with one painting in which continuously changes form: the paintings evolve and tell a story.

This was not the first time in which I was exposed to continuous art. My roommate Sophomore year was a art major. He started his project by sketching one picture and then taking a picture. Next he would erase certain parts and gradually transform his sketch into something different. I found his work extremely interesting. I recall asking him if he was making art similar to cartoon strips. He answered by saying that art does not necessarily need to be concrete and tell a story. Artists can be creative and continuous with their works.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.