Although some people may believe that elaborate birthday parties for children are not necessary and have a negative connotation, I feel that birthdays are a time of celebration and if a parent had the means to give their child an amazing birthday part I say go for it! I do not think that giving a child one special day a year will turn a child rotten for life.
Growing up I never had HUGE parties, but I did have a magician one year, a party at the roller rink, a theme party (the 50's) , ext. They were not over the top, but they were what my parents could afford. To me, they were elaborate.
Today if a family has the money to buy an over-the-top cake opposed to a white frosted cake from the store then they should not be criticized for doing so. If a parent wants to have entertainment come to please their child, and costs them a figure they can afford I see no harm.
I do not think that a child will become selfish when they grow up if they have elaborate parties when they are younger. It is one day out of the whole year to let your child know they are special and should be recognized. An elaborate party lasts one day for maybe 3-5 hours. I do not think all of the hard work a parent puts into raising their child to become a "nice" person will be destroyed by fancy cake, entertainment, decorations, ext.
Birthdays are a celebration that should be recognized in a proper way. After all, it does only come once a year.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.