My favorite childhood toy would be my 1989 moped. My friend RJ owned the moped before selling it to me for 150 dollars when we were in 7th grade. It ran great at first and I would spend hours each summer day cruising a steady 18 miles per hour throughout my neighborhood. I eventually grew tired of confining myself to the streets, so I decided to take my moped for some off road racing. This is when my once reliable moped became something of a nuisance.
The first problem started when I let my friend take my ride for a spin. He returned my now severely damaged moped with a softball sized strawberry on his leg and blood dripping down his face. After my dad fixed some of the damges to my moped, I was finally able to ride it again. The second day of my moped being fixed, I decided to travel to a friend's house for the day. When I was just getting ready to make the long haul back home, a huge storm hit so I had to leave my moped on my friends back porch and had my parents come pick me up. The next day tragedy stuck, my moped was stolen. A week went by with no sign of my favorite childhood toy, and I began to lose all hope. But miraculously one of my friends found my now black spray painted moped on a sidewalk, and returned it to me with minimal damage.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.