Brandon led me across college green, down Court Street and stopped outside of Courtside then turned and said, “This is it.” I figured that the bar itself was the place he was leading me to, but in fact it was his apt above Courtside that he intended.
As I walked into his apt the first thing I noticed were the bare wood ceilings with the exposed beam and the occasional pipe from the apt above them. His roommates were in an intense battle of beer pong while another was in the midst of cooking some spaghetti. The aroma of the home cooked spaghetti was throughout the apt as the sound of the stereo that played a varied play list of artists. He showed me to his room, which he described as the place he liked most on campus. As I walked into his room I noticed that it had a cozy feeling. He had a comfortable couch facing a big TV with the Xbox plugged in and a few games lying scattered nearby.
He described this as the place he liked most because this is where his friends were. Not only because they were but it also had the feeling of home to him, and I could see why. His room was packed with all of his valuable possessions, ranging from his favorite beer signs to photos of him and his girlfriend. As we left his roommates challenged me in a game a beer pong, although I was extremely tempted I politely declined.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.