Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Stephen memorable moment

A memorable experience I have playing a sport was in the eighth grade playing lacrosse for Ridge Junior High. My eighth grade year I led my team to a city championship by leading my team in goal and points per game. The moment that I am going to describe to you is playing against Marriemont for the divisional championship.

The day was Saturday, it was a hot sunny spring day in Cincinnati Ohio. I remember to start the game we lost the opening face off and instantly gave up a quick and unexpected goal. As the first half went on I stayed quite scoring no points and was pretty much shut down by the opposing teams defenders. Halftime comes I have no points and were loosing. I remember feeling embarrassed because everyone was looking at me for answers; like why haven’t you scored? I remember as we took the field for the second half, my dad yelling step your game up. After I heard that I became irate and instantly started making plays. In the second half I posted two goals and four assist; that six unanswered points. We dominated the second half outscoring the Marriemont Warriors eight to zero. My team went on to win the championship by a final score of eight to three.

Winning a junior high championship is moment and experience I will remember for a long time. I went on to win the city, team, and championship most valuable player. After I won the MVP for playing lacrosse, I stated getting recruited by private high schools to play lacrosse. I went on to play for St. Xavier high school where I also earned All American honors my senior year. All in all though lacrosse is a memory in itself. I will always remember the game and what it has done for me to grow as person.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.