I have so many childhood memories, good and bad, that I don’t even know where to start. Most of my days at home were spent arguing with my sister, playing games, arguing, playing, and arguing again. Once when my sister and I were playing with Barbie dolls and she got very angry. She proceeded to throw a hairbrush at me and hit me hard on the forehead. We also went through a phase where we would constantly be hitting each other or fighting over which sister got to use the Internet. I have other happy memories of playing “barber shop” where we would pretend to cut each other’s hair. One day, she decided it would be funny to actually cut my hair and not tell me. When I saw my hair on the floor below me she lied and said it was the dog’s hair. I had to go to the hairdresser the next day and get about 5 inches cut off so it would all be even. I will never forget that day and at the time I thought I would never forgive her for it. Presently, when I am home from school, my sister and I are inseparable. We see each other all the time and I don’t believe I have thrown anything at her in the past ten years.
After my sister ruined my hair I was constantly made fun of. I looked like a little boy with a bowl cut and it felt like it would never grow back. Of course my parents always said I looked like a girl but I knew better. I thought I would never be the same. I know I’m not the only one who has had a bad haircut, that’s for sure, but it is unbelievable how much you miss something as useless as your hair until it is gone.
Eventually my curly, red locks grew back and it was like they were never gone. I have never wanted to have a shorter haircut since then. I won’t even give that look a chance.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.