9/15/09
Dedication is something that many strive for, but few actually develop over time and hard work. My brother Andy had the largest amount of dedication and determination to everything in his life. When I was in the sixth grade I had the most monumental and memorable moment of my football career. The single greatest and most memorable play that I have ever made was for my oldest brother Andy.
When I was in the sixth grade, Andy was diagnosed with a rare form of brain cancer and was rushed into surgery almost immediately. After the surgery and during rehabilitation Andy was strong enough to travel to my sixth grade state championship football game. The single reason why Andy is my hero to this day is because of dedication to love ones even during the hardest time in his life. Andy had previously seen me play, but today’s game was under much different circumstances because my goal was to make him proud to be my older brother. Andy had always been a standout for the high school football team and I constantly attempted to emulate his dedication and hard-work while I grew up.
As Andy sat in his wheelchair next to the south end of the end zone the moment that I will never forget happened, touchdown! I had never scored a touchdown in my football career, and the fact that my hero Andy was there made it a monumental event in my sports career. This would be the first and last touchdown that I could dedicate to my hero, but it made a lasting impression. The pure excitement and joy by everyone in my family will be a moment always engrained in my memory and something that I will cherish forever.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.