9/10/09 Since I can remember my Christmas gift had always been to get a power wheels riding motorized vehicle. For the first three years of Christmas Santa never brought me the only gift that I truly ever wanted. All of the kids on the street had one of these power wheels motorized vehicles and I did not want to be left out. After the third year of not getting this gift from Santa, I began to think that Santa never really gave out the gifts that children really wanted. The terrible part about this story is the fact that I had two older brothers that loved to torment their eight year old little brother. One day I after another disappointing Christmas I asked my older brother Chris why Santa had let me down year after year. His response, “That is because there is no Santa you dummy!” I was crushed to say the least and my dreams had been crushed from that point on. When I went to my mom, tears flowing down my cheeks asking her why she had lied to me all of these years she was very angry. She then went on to scold my brother for the terrible thing that he had just done to his innocent brother. Throughout the year when all of my friends were getting excited about the upcoming Christmas, my thoughts were of anger and hatred. That is not fun when you have a nine-year-old child that hates Santa Claus. Up until the actual day of Christmas my excitement was at an all time low. Christmas just did not seem the same because I knew there was no Santa because he consistently let my dreams and hopes down. This Christmas was just like all of the others, my brothers and I all lined up at the top of the stairs and when we got the call, we all sprinted to the living room. As I rounded around the banister and finally reached the living room there it was. A brand new Power Wheels with an enormous red bow on the top. Needless to say, I was completely shocked and have not ever had this intense of a feeling of excitement. I do not think that I have ever sprinted as fast to a destination before in my entire life. I jumped full sprint onto this new motorized power wheels with pure delight in my eyes. All I could do was cry out, “Santa is real!” He truly made my dream and hopes come true that particular Christmas and it was a moment that I will never forget. I threw all of my other gifts aside as I sat on my brand new dream. All I wanted to do was join all of the other kids on the block in riding down the street almost like grownups in their respective cars. I had the immense feeling of belonging now. A sense of belonging to an actual cool kids group that Santa made possible for me that early Christmas morning. Throughout the passing year I constantly rode my motorized Power Wheels around the block feeling proud to be a kid. Back then, kids looked up to the others that could own a power wheels and it was a special group, a group that I will forever be thankful to be in… It is the Power Wheels group.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.