Once upon a time a long long time ago about 15 years back. I used to collect pogs. POGS were awesome I had so many. I had black blue purple and red ones. Some had lions tigers dragons and sankes on them. The fun part about them was that they were so cheap. I used to be able to buy 20 of them for 1 dollar. One time I found one that was only 5 cents but I sold it for a dollar this was a big deal to me because I didn’t have a job at the time. The funny part about the pogs is that there was a game that you could play I never really got around to ever actually playing it. I almost forgot….. The Slammers. The slammer were the weapons in this game that I never knew how to play. They were usually made out of and were either gold or silver. I had a gold one and it was nuts. It weighed a shit ton… probably close to 2 ounces or something like that. I used to stack up my pogs and drop this slammer and they would go everywhere. I know and now I don’t know what the hell to talk about. I guess I could talk about the time I that I went to the pog store it was really far away from my house at the time. So it was probably a mile or two. It was actually a part of the comic book store. I hated comics though because I didn’t like to read and I still don’t It is just so boring. Um I am planning on going out tonight probably to the bars and then on Saturday I am going to Columbus for the ohio state versus USC game. I sure hope that OSU woops up on there asses. Pogs were very big in the early 90s the word pogs refers to the discs used to play the game. POG was a brand of juice made from passionfruit, orange and guava. The use of the pog bottle caps to play the game predated the game.
The way that you played the game was each player would condribute the same amount of pogs to a stack that was in the middle of the table or on the floor. The players take turns throwing their slammer at the stack causing the pogs to fly up everywhere. Each player keep every pog that lands face up after their throw. Players may also defend the pogs using a move called the slam frizz to distract the slammer. You do this by screaming, taunting, or just slapping them across the face. The pogs that are laying face down after the turn are stacked back on top of the stack. When there are no more pogs on the stack the player with the most pogs wins.
Pogs were banned from numerous schools because they thought It was a form of gambling.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.