Thursday, September 10, 2009

The game that first popped in my head when thinking of this free write assignment was a game that I used to love when I was younger. The game was called Jumanji. It was a board game based on a movie about a board game. This probably sounds like an odd plot to base a movie on, but what you don’t know if you never saw the movie is that the board game was cursed and brought to life whatever the character rolled to. The movie also starred Robin Williams, who is one of the greatest actors for a family comedy movie as this movie was. The first time I saw the movie I loved it and wished I could actually play this board game in real life. Even though it was cursed and so many bad things happened it seemed really fun to be able to relive the movie. And, although there were many injuries and many millions of dollars of damage, no one actually dies at the end. The ending of the movie is actually a happy one. So when the time came when I was in the toy store browsing around and stumbled across the board game Jumanji, I was extremely excited. As soon as I got home, with extreme excitement, I tore off the packaging and opened up the game. And just like any other young child who just got a new toy, I was very anxious to play it.

The movie, Jumanji, as mentioned earlier was made in 1995. It was actually based off of a children’s book by Chris Van Allsburg in 1981. Both the children’s book and the movie are titled Jumanji, but unlike many movies based on books this one actually added more to the plot than what was in the book. The movie takes place in both the current and in 1969, exactly 100 years later from when it was buried previously.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.