Liu Xiang wins, Liu Xiang wins. The 2004 Athens Olympic Game’s reporter’s voice was around my ears. The moment when Liu Xiang ran to pass the final line of 110-meter hurdler is one of the most incredible moments in my life, in China’s sports history and even the whole world’s sports history.
Liu Xiang, a famous Chinese 110 meter hurdler athlete won the first China’s and Asian countries golden metal in the short distance of track and field. It’s the August of 2004 around 11 at night. I lay on the coach to wait for the beginning of the competition. This young man got a pretty good ranking for the champions in the 2004. I just brought a curious emotion to watch the game. After the referee fire the starter pistol, every athlete run liked leopard. At the beginning, liu xiang was only rank 4 or 5, which is not showing any potential to win. I didn’t realized that Liu Xiang began to catch the other athlete’s until that the reporter said that. Around the 60-70 meter, Liu Xiang had beyond the two American famous athletes to become the number 1. His every hurdling movement is perfect, his rhythm is showed fast and evenly. I heard that reporter continued saying that: Liu Xiang is going to win, to win, and to win. After he use all his energy to pass the final line, the reporter was crazy, I was crazy, the whole China was crazy, and the world was crazy. The final board showed that “12:91 “which broke the world ji lu which has maintained by Colin Jackson for 19 years.
Liu Xiang made a miracle, which broke the stereotype that Asian can’t run!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.