Thursday, September 17, 2009

Memorable sports moment

A memorable childhood moment was in the first grade. When I was in first grade I was involved in many sports. But, the one memory I have was when I scored the game winning goal, to win the game for the Lakota Blitz. The game was tied and about to head into overtime, when all of the sudden a through ball got past the last line of defense and I was there to receive the past. I broke away from everyone and it was just the goalie and I. I dribbled the ball as close as I could and kicked it as hard as I possibly could. To tell you the truth I didn’t even aim I just kicked the ball in hopes that it would go in. Once I scored the goal the whistle blew and the game was over. But the most memorable part was the feeling I had was after the game. All the coaches, players, and parents are congratulated me on the goal. From that point on I remember I told myself that I wanted to be a professional athlete. Well the professional athlete part didn’t happen but my dream of playing sports up to the college level still exist.

Soccer also known as football is played on a 120 yard rectangular field. There two teams and eleven players play on both teams at a time. The object of the game is to score on the opposing teams goal by kicking the ball into it. In foreign countries the game such as Europe the game is the number one spectated sport in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.